What is the service EVS? What does he do?
What is the service EVS? The European Voluntary Service provides young people between 17 and 30 years old the opportunity to carry out a voluntary activity in a country of the program or outside of Europe, for a period that goes from 2 to 12 months. They are engaged as “European volunteers” in local projects in the following intervention’s areas: culture, youth, sport and social assistance, cultural heritage, art, leisure, civil protection, environment, cooperative development, etc.
Is an experience of intercultural learning in a context not formal, promoting social integration and active participation of the volunteers involved.
Through this experience the young people have the opportunity to come into contact with new cultures, express solidarity toward others and acquire new skills and capabilities relevant to their personal and professional formation.
The Service SVE is based on the following principles:
- Increase their skills through a practical experience of volunteer work abroad to
- promote learning another language to
- develop the ability to relate with people of different language and culture
- Spread tolerance among young people of the European Union
- promoting active citizenship to
- support the development of local communities
The Service SVE is not:
- Occasional voluntary work, part-time
- training in an undertaking in a humanitarian organization or in an NGO is
- a recreational activity tourist or
- a language course abroad
- a paid job
The Service SVE proposes projects in various sectors: culture, youth, sport and social assistance for the elderly, the disabled and immigrants, art, leisure, media and communication, environmental protection and education, rural development and development cooperation.
It is possible to do the SVE in:
- in all 28 Member States of the European Union
- in Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey, Iceland, Switzerland, Macedonia
- in the countries of the euro area – Mediterranean (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia)
- in the Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia)
- in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus(Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia)
The European Voluntary Service is virtually for free!! The costs of travel, board and lodging, local transport, health insurance, language course and pocket money monthly are covered and funded by the European Commission.
The volunteers is not required any participation fee!
For more information consult the European database to link: Database Europeo
Or to Link: Cos’è il Servizio Sve